Included in Routine Eye Examinations:
- Refraction for eyeglasses prescriptions
- Testing of eye coordination to look for causes of eye strain lazy eyes, and vision related learning disabilities
- Microscopic assessment of the anterior eye for abnormalities, infection, and complications relative to general eye health.
- Testing of intraocular pressures for glaucoma.
- Assessment of posterior retina and optic nerves for abnormalities and/or complications relative to general eye health.
- Dilation of pupils for more extensive retinal examination is recommended
Included in Contact Lens Evaluation:
- Measurement of corneal curvatures
- Previous contact lens and relevant medical histories
- Assessment of patient’s expectations and/or factors relative to satisfactory contact lens wear
- Microscopic assessment of the anterior eye for complications relative to successful contact lens wear
- Professional decision on type of lens best for patient while considering reputation of manufacturer, material, diameter, base curve, and finally powers
- Microscopic evaluation of actual fit of contact lens on eyes
- Assessment of visual results with contact lenses versus eyeglasses
- Training patient techniques for proper and safe contact lens insertion and removal decision on care routine appropriate for lens material and wearing schedule
- Follow-up visits to evaluate corneal condition, vision, comfort, and care of lenses